Sunday, May 6, 2007

canoe

The sunshine pierced the clouds at about two-thirty this afternoon. I was able to canoe for a couple of hours. It is very good fortune that my father took me canoeing at a very young age. Canoeing is very simple and for me, that's the beauty of it. It is simply you and the water. There were not many people on the creek today. It rained most of yesterday and was overcast this morning and part of the afternoon. So weather kept a lot of people away. There might have been five fishermen out my way, which is pretty ideal for canoeing. Smooth water
while meeting my new bud,
Yvette. Now this little lady has it pretty good, keeping her trailer close. Wonder what she's gonna be doing tomorrow morning while I'm chasing dollar bills. Keep swimming, girl. Turtles have been in existence for 200 million years. Gotta be doing something right. She's probably about a year and a half to two years old. Looks like a box turtle, but she could be a snapper. Of course, she might be scrambling here and yon dodging air surveillance tomorrow.


No comments: