Sunday, October 21, 2007

Something that I like

The mental and physical exhiliration felt when I put my hands on a football are as powerful as sunshine when a clear day is wanted and as thorough as rain when thirsty. Football isn't the greatest sport ever created but my love for the game is complete. I respect the game. I never boo opponents or an official's call. Though I feel bad when my team loses, I always come away from a game with an appreciation for having been able to experience such a wonderful display of stategy and athleticism.
Football creates an opportunity for an individual to improve the self, through physical training and mental analysis of the game, to become stronger and tougher. Being tough is extremely important in life. Football also teaches teamwork. Teamwork is extremely important for society.
Society needs physically stronger and tougher people. It gets kinda old listening to people whine.
There are people who have played football who have done some terrible things as human beings in life. Football does not do this to people. Though I have not studied the data, there is no doubt in my mind that statistics would bear out that non-football players commit more crimes against humanity and society than football players.
I will never defend an athlete getting preferential treatment. Everyone should be responsible for making their own way in life.
This season, I've been to South Bend, Charlottesville, College Park, and Miami to see my team play. It's fun to be in a stadium with thousands of people and yelling until hoarse for a few short hours on saturdays in the fall.
As a young boy, I would listen to my grandfather's praise of Bobby Dodd. In South Bend I went to the college football hall of fame and saw Bobby Dodd's college varsity jersey. That was a beautiful moment in my life.

No comments: