Wednesday, October 31, 2007

boohoo



Give me three Presidents Days to Halloween any time of the year. I love ghost stories, scaring people, and eating candy, but Halloween just isn't my idea of recreation. It's fun to dress up and act out a different persona or impression of a famous individual. Heck, I do that daily. Getting good with my Marilyn Monroe, too. The fall festival movement was a step in the right direction. Let's end Halloween and initiate North America Carnival Day. What the hey, let's make it a week long. Throw in some fireworks and bongos and now we're talking recreation. Have firetruck races down Main with every siren in the county wailing away and Tina Turner as the national emcee every year. Let's leave the dead alone and celebrate life. Muaah.

It was fun handing out candy to all those Spidermen, Cinderillas, Whatchamacallems, Ghosts, and Goblalightlys.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say hello and visit your blog. Thanks for stopping by mine. I di not have one single trick or treater and I was so very disappointed. Last year I had tons of them. Go figure?

I promise I gave out good stuff last year! lol

Endymion said...

I do appreciate the visit. During the last few years, this neighborhood has become Candy Central. I've heard estimates ranging from 800 to 1600 kids trickin'. That's close to half of the whole town's population. Well, maybe a quarter of it. The sidewalks are packed and traffic is monitored by police. It's fun chaos.