Tuesday, December 18, 2007

14

Have you ever had a sleepdream that came true? I was a manager for a high school football team when I was ten. I had a dream about a football field one night during the week. That weekend, we played on a field that was exactly the same as the one in my dream. Yes, all football fields basically look the same. Even at ten, I noticed all the small details. How close the stands were to field, whether they were wood or aluminum, the color of the scoreboard, whether the field was lined with lime or "paint," etc.
A girlfriend went to Metropolis for a weekend with friends. On Friday, I dreamed about a falling star that was slow to fall, leaving a very thick trial. Late Sunday evening, she told me about her weekend. She told me about hanging out with friends at a park and "we saw the longest falling star that I've ever seen."
I have seven cousins. When I had six, I dreamed about five planets/moon globes spinning around one planet/moon globe that wasn't moving. The name of my youngest cousin was spoken in the dream. Fourteen years later, he died.
Of course, the one about a conversation with Saddam Huessein probably isn't going to happen.
Some day, we'll tap the dna and revisit the "backwash" of all our tribes. The first ones who get to this will either create a nightmare or a utopia. Ever wondered what your dna was doing in 1492, 1776, or 1860?

No comments: