Sunday, July 6, 2008

Savannah

I had forgotten how beautiful Savannah was. Naturally it was crowded for the weekend of the Fourth. We didn't have a problem finding a room though. Parking was tricky. Once we got parked Friday evening we walked a two blocks to River Street and got on the waiting list to eat at the Cotton Exchange. We stood on River Street to wait for a table to become available. While waiting we watched the fireworks. We had a fantastic view. Seeing the fireworks light up the sky over the river was really beautiful. The food wasn't too good and I doubt that I'll ever eat there again. Fortunately, there's a wide variety of restaurants to choose from along River Street.
On Saturday we looked at antiques and a wide variety of "stuff" for sale at all the shoppes along River Street. It seemed like we went into a hundred different stores. I enjoyed every minute of it though. When I'm with Gorgeous, everything is beautiful. It started raining like crazy while we were "plundering" the shoppes. Lightening flashing, thunder smashing, and us two lovebirds just as happy as could be.
She laughed until her body shook. From ear to ear her lips spread and her teeth shined and the sound of her laughter filled my ears and heart. Time with Gorgeous is beyond the best dream that I could ever imagine. Despite good advice to the contrary, I do believe that we'll be married within the next weeks. What's the rush? Why wait? It's right and the time is now. Know your time. Own it.
I love you, Gorgeous!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for the both of you! you gotta go for the moment before is it gone. from the time I meet Celestine untill we were married (sept1979 3/1/80) six months went by.I'm so glad that I have here in my life. I wish the same for the both of you!

Endymion said...

Thanks, Mike. God bless you and Celestine.