Friday, July 4, 2008

you crazy diamond

As I said several posts ago, we looked at diamond rings a week after we met. Gorgeous fell in love with one of the first ones that she saw. I loved it too. It looked fantastic on her. We had a misunderstanding over that and she said that she wanted me to get one that was less expensive. I'm not, but to humor her we looked at estate rings at a pawn shop yesterday. The lady behind the counter was very knowledgeable. The second ring that she showed us was ten thousand american dollars. Time stood still in my little, disbelieving heart. I didn't like the way the ring looked and neither did Gorgeous but the fact that they had a ring that expensive at a pawn shop/estate jewelry store was quite an eye opener. Whoa.
We're going away for the weekend. Her son is spending the weekend with his dad. We're going to the ocean. Whew. It's going to be a fantastic weekend. It amazes me how compatible we are. Whether we're cleaning, shopping for groceries, plundering the Goodwill, watching a movie, licking each other, discussing theology, collecting receipts, people watching, just whatever, there's no place that I would rather be than with her. People get on to us for our public displays of affection. Teens are getting hooked on meth, husbands are beating their wives, politicians are selling and stealing our votes and our future, and people are running red lights left and right, and people have problems with our love. Let it ring... Happy Fourth of July!

come on people now
smile on your brother








1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for you my friend,every body deserves happiness.and It soundls like she brings that to you. God's Blessings and Love your way and a Big Time Hug from me. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.