Monday, January 28, 2008

UT vs. Duke

Number 4 Tennessee defeats Number 10 Duke at Durham. I went to a football game last year at Duke and saw Cameron Indoor Stadium. It looked like a French church to me. It was designed by Julian Abele who studied at the Ecole des Beaux Arts in Paris. It was locked up and we didn't get to go inside. So tonight, Candace Parker, probably the best women's collegiate player in the country, and Tennessee handed Duke their first home loss in 25 games. It was a fantastic game. Abby Waner hit an incredible three-pointer with about 48 seconds left in the game to tie it. Parker efficiently sealed the game with a tight leaner at 22 seconds left. Duke turned it over and then had to foul Parker with 4 seconds on the clock. She hit one and missed one but Duke only managed a 65-foot prayer shot that didn't take wings.
Fantastic ballgame.

187

4 comments:

Mike Golch said...

I enjoy watching the collage games better that the professional basketball games.The collage kids play for two reasons the love of the game and loyality to their teammates.Unlike the pros that are only in the game to make as much money as possible.

Endymion said...

Very well said, Mike. As you can see from my blog, I'm an active supporter of collegiate athletics. You perfectly described what I enjoy about watching the college kids.

Mike Golch said...

I have since corrected the link that I had posted,I had transposed two letters that is why the link did not work.here is the link as it is supposed to be: http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod Hope this works for you this time.

Endymion said...

Cool! Thanks, Mike.