Tuesday, November 6, 2007

follow


Internal combustion machines never held my interest growing up. Despite the smell of gasoline being high on my list of non-edible pleasurable aromas, air-bound craft held a higher fascination for me. Oddly enough, that's why I never learned much in my youth. There are clear memories in my mind about being clueless in class because a clear scene involving smooth, gleaming metal, aerodynamically shaped, zipping just over a treetop or metroscape was in place during whatever it was a teacher was telling the pupils. This started in the first grade. In kindergarten, Wilma Faust, who sat two rows over and one seat ahead of my eyes, filled my mind from neuron to neuron. She was in my dreams about hunting Easter eggs, eating pancakes, and playing "war." It thrilled me to exciting ends to imagine offering her the best dart gun before an exciting day of "war." We never played "war" but females like her have filled my dreams ever since. Last night, Vickie Sweetisland was there. It seemed she wasn't too happy about anything. She was dressed for a day of taking care of kids and not a romp on the beach. Yet, on the beach we were. In place of an internal combustion machine for transportation was a Big Wheel. Reluctant she was when asked to see if we could both sit on the Big Wheel together. Dreamily enough, we both fit on the plastic contraption very comfortably. Before getting over how easily and comfortably we could both sit on the three-wheeled vehicle, my amazement was quickly flooded by the ease in maneurabiltiy we enjoyed. We went to beach after beach on very smooth rides with zero perspiration. The dismounting process was never mastered and my concern that she was uncomfortable while doing it was partially erased by how much she laughed during each dismount. The energy focused on the dismount was directly responsible for losing the camera. Any possible distress that could have been caused by losing something was smoothed out at the almost rugged, but all too tasteful ice cream outpost. Here at the outpost, after consuming frozen delight, Vickie conveyed how wrong my thoughts were about her lack of desire to kiss me. Waking up with a smile on a Saturday morning during Fall in the South is a good experience. Even though I had intended to build an airport this weekend, I'm gonna run over to Toys-R-Us first and see if they have any Big Wheels in stock. Like they always say, "Follow your dreams."

The day is really beautiful and being here typing is not number one on a short list of things to do today. On my way to Toys-R-Us, it was remembered that Dreamgirl had asked me to get a phone number for her. Dutifully, mission A was abandoned. Mission A1a was launched. Dream wants the number of the person who runs the business in a building that she owns. The guy runs a restaurant and there lunch was eaten. The guy wasn't there but the shrimp salad and enchilada were tasty. The waiter made a humorous comment about my hunger after he took my order. Being small will laugh at me for the next three lifetimes. The cashier wouldn't give me the restaraunteur's phone number but did give me a time when he would be in. So now, typing for twenty-five minutes will be spent until the owner is in. No doubt, all the Big Wheels will be sold out by the time mission A is relaunched.

After the phone number was retrieved, the Square lured me downtown. It was a beautiful day to be out walking. "They don't allow cameras at the fesitival," Apollo yelled at me before my destination was achieved. He had his offspring with him. We all roamed around for a while. A sheep made a dash at the opening in a pen with limited success. Of course, a few minutes outside of a pen and dashing around madly might be considered quite a success to sheep. It was fun getting to dash about madly in the guise of catching the loose animal. The guy who caught the sheep did so with a nifty leg grab. The sheep didn't budge after that. There was a stage and country music was sung. Cheap stuff was bought cheap, Hawaiian Ice, formerly known as snow cones, was consumed ravenously and big tales were told. They even had these huge sling shots that they were loading with small kids and launching them into the air. That was fascinating.


No comments: