Saturday, March 15, 2008

another beautiful saturday

crick
–noun
1.a sharp, painful spasm of the muscles, as of the neck or back.

The pain, though temporary, almost brought me to my knees. A slight turn of the neck ignited deep pain that made me want to lay down right where I stood. Enough bellyaching. The weather this past week was extremely sweet. People are starting to talk about getting to water and fishin'. That's a good time of year.
What's even better is that on Monday, the selection committee will release the teams and their seeding for the 64 field women's NCAA basketball tournament. Click here.
Yesterday, #14 Old Dominion defeated North Carolina-Wilmingtion, 82-65. It didn't end close and wasn't a surprise that a ranked team defeated an unranked team. What was significant was that Old Dominion is now 48-0 in Colonial Athletic conference games in a wake of 16 conference titles. Today Old Dominion plays Towson at 2:30pm.
Update

Old Dominion 74 Towson 51
Coach Wendy Larry wins her 500th game as Old Dominion's head coach. Her career win total is 549. Congrats.

2 comments:

Mike Golch said...

when any one can hit a milestone in what they do is great.I'm close to my 100 blog and I have only been doing it since dec 2007.

Endymion said...

Congrats, Mike.