Saturday, May 17, 2008

good days

65 degrees fahrenheit at 10:30 am. Perfect. The sun is warm and the air is sweet. Went out to eat last night. Oysters on the half shell, broiled shrimp, and grilled chicken salad. The oysters were flat, but the shrimp were scrumptious. Got my first seat belt ticket. Twenty-five american dollars. The policeman was really cool because he could have given me a speeding ticket.
Had a beautiful conversation with a truly beautiful human being yesterday. Got a haircut yesterday as well. What a good day. Already had a pretty good workout with Apollo this morning. If I can just work in a kayak trip and a viewing of Prince Caspian, it'll be a terrific day.
I think it all got started on Wednesday at the grocery store. My two favorite check-out girls were working. They're both very physically attractive and they both work hard. As I was checking out, the young woman being rung up in the next lane said,
"Didn't you used to substitute teach?"
"Yes."
"I was one of your students. You were a good substitute."
"Thanks." I have a huge ego, but I'm constantly working on keeping it in check by doing stupid things. It did make me feel good being complimented in the grocery store. Now I'm going to go out and compliment some people.