Wednesday, May 7, 2008

sweet air

I am fortunate and thankful that I was able to work today. The day was gorgeous and the pull to leave work to picnic after a walk down a long country road beside a creek was strong. I stayed with the task at hand and finished the day at work. We rushed through our work out tonight because Apollo had something at home that commanded his attention. I didn't go to the state park as I did yesterday after our work out. Instead, I stayed at home and thought about my blog. There wasn't much to think about so I ate a banana, some bagels, and some pepperoncini peppers before drinking some vanilla chai. Yesterday while at the state park, I misstepped on the rocks crossing the river. My arch hurt all day so I didn't ride my bicycle. I heard a cool song by The Lisps on NPR called Ann Marie. I tried to find it on You Tube but it wasn't there.
I'll think about water and canoes and kayaks tonight. I'll think about skydiving and touchdowns and laughter for a while as well. I'll think about you for a little while, too. Tomorrow will be similar to today. It's a high reward to be able to enjoy this weather and I get to enjoy brief walks outside going to different departments in The Company. I'm probably not going to write the ultimate thesis on War or Poverty tomorrow. I'm probably not going to be interviewed on CNN, NPR, or Fox news tomorrow. Whatever the day brings, I will endure the pain, enjoy the sunshine or rain, and breath the sweet air. Of course, it all starts with two raw eggs before the crack of dawn.

3 comments:

Mike Golch said...

we had a great day here as well,than in the after noon it started to rain,a gentile cleansing rain.

Endymion said...

Sounds like a great day, Mike. I've only briefly passed through Ohio but I've heard that it's a beautiful state.

Mike Golch said...

this is true and we have some great rivers to be on.you don't have to take my word on it just to to my buddies site irvoslin.com.He has several of his trips posted.and he has a great sence of humor as well a bit warped maybe but grea never the less.