Thursday, May 1, 2008

whuh?

I'm really enjoying the new work out that Apollo started us on last week. He talks about what we need to eat. Protein, protein, protein. Carbs, too. Fish is my favorite food and it turns out that some fish is kinda good for the body. The human brain has a high amount of DHA. DHA is an essential omega-3 fatty acid. Fish is a great source of DHA. Fish that eat algae are the best source of DHA because that's where it originates: photosynthetic microalgae. The great thing about eating fish is the high concentration of protein, with a low fat content. There are several types of pre-cooked packets of tuna and salmon that have really high protein content. I haven't learned how much protein is required for my weight. Still learning. Low fat, skim milk is another good source of protein. I've just got to find the balance between proteins and carbs to maximize work out with eating habits. Red meat is a packed with protein but it's got a much higher fat content. Of course, kids need a lot of fat in their diet. I'm a bit past that point though.
Something that I really like to drink is Bolthouse Mocha Cappuccino. It's got about 42 grams of protein per bottle. It's also got whey protein which accelerates muscle development and aids in recovery. Another great drink by Bolthouse is Vanilla Chai with soy protein. There's a study that says the high level of estrogen in soy protein can lead to cognitive impairment in males. Now what was I talking about?
It's going to be funny to look back and see how ignorant I am about all this.

1 comment:

Mike Golch said...

diet is essential for any workout,even if is just to maintain a certain level.