Monday, June 23, 2008

the edge

I just kept believing that somewhere, somehow, there was someone on this green earth who loved life more than money and truth more than ritual who could love me and whom I could love without being related to me by blood. Family is enough to get through this life, yet it seemed the possibility for wonderful with another such human being was a slight enough dream that I never stopped believing in it to keep waking up alive. I walked right up to the edge of not believing to a place where I wouldn't ever wake up again. Right there at the edge, when hope was beginning to unravel, becoming less than a thread, our eyes met and looked upon one another with a disbelieving curiosity that we had actually found that one human being we were reluctantly, slowly beginning to quite believing existed.
Walking a path that screamed insanity, I woke up one morning still believing that another day would be worth living and that my wealth, my ability to see beauty, could sustain me through a few more spins on this green earth. We found each other in the nick of time. As thin as that moment was, it will always be the best moment of my life. It was only nine earth days ago and I just had the best weekend of my life. She takes my breath away and gives it back again better than it was before. We ate delicious food, skinny dipped in a state park, rescued a turtle, laughed like the insane, saw the perfect diamond ring, looked deeply into our souls, and never took our hands off one another for very long. She loves me, I love her and everything in life is more than it was ten days ago.
Never, ever, ever give up.
I love you, Gorgeous.
Together we've fallen over the edge and the rush of the air past our mouths and eyes is exhilarating.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We all need that special someone, who ever they may be.Peace be with you and yours.
Hug's and Blessings headed your way!

Endymion said...

Thanks. Blessings to you as well.