Tuesday, June 17, 2008

when she smiles

Two Fridays ago, I met a female on a river. It would be more accurate to say that I spotted a female on a river. She was wearing a cowboy hat and a green bikini. She and some friends frolicked on the water and they were a delight to watch. Something about her fascinated me. She was smooth without pretense, calm without distance, Beauty in every sense of my imagination. In the past, I had contemplated the existence of such a female. While I believed that such a female existed, I doubted that the opportunity to interact with her would ever be a reality. Our first encounter on that specific Friday was very brief. I went back to the same place one week and one day later. She was wearing an orange baseball cap this time that said something about bass fishing. She watched me eat a steak and some shrimp. I told her about my name that made her laugh. She told me about her three sons. She told me about her grief over losing one of them. I told her about working out and riding a bicycle. She told me about how long it had been since she had dated. I asked her for a date. She laughed some more about my name. She hugged me. Life makes sense. The universe has meaning and everything is cool.







2 comments:

abbagirl said...

awesome post, endymion. it's awesome when the universe does come together like that, isn't it?

:)

Endymion said...

Thanks, Abbagirl. Heck yeah, it sure is. :)