Wednesday, February 13, 2008

"should I just get along with myself"

Today on MSN Money dot something, Michael Brush wrote an article entitled, "Follow 2 geniuses into drug stocks." I'm not an active investor in the market, but it's been so volatile that it's captured my interest. I'm so glad that I read this article. "Chemotherapy is incredibly clumsy. The treatment also kills healthy cells, which can create serious problems. Now that's changing. Doctors can use a test from Genomic Health that can determine which breast-cancer patients will be helped by chemo. Patients like the test for obvious reasons. Insurers like it because the test, called Oncotype DX, can save the $30,000 or so that chemo costs per patient." Thanks, Michael Brush. This is very good news. Now it is not that good that people can profit on people being sick. It is good that the incentive for profit can generate funding for research and development. Free market.

"and watch the clouds fall from the sky" the killers

No comments: