Wednesday, February 20, 2008

un

Let's start over. We could push that big red easy button a couple of times and laugh about ending up in Uncle Walter's polyester slacks on a rotting dock in Mississippi on a lazy pond. We could laugh about anything. Really. I could laugh a lot about the way my socks just disappear. Nothing disappears, ever. Well, after discounting politician promises and dirty white boy boasts, but nothing past that, nothing actually disappears. That could be the starting point. Points hurt, so maybe it would be better if it were a place. Yeah, some neat place with barefoot dancing and some sick piano and saxophone duo barreling and soothing even the most anxious soul. It's not that I want to go back. It's just that a lot of neat people have died this year and it's just wrong that they died. Their deaths bring out a meanness and a compassion in me. I want to jump on and be mean to the hands of murder. I want to hug and love everyone that I know and don't know. All humans everywhere, we are connected.
Time goes in one direction always. Am I going to miss another moment to be better? The symmetrical and white washed moments televised, crisp and clear, straight into my cerebral mesh laugh a lot about my asymmetrical, unpainted world. Too much goofing off and smiling at dog barks and singing birds, energetic though it may seem, increases my debt to the beauty in life and earth. Earthdog? Lifebird? out of time again ...

2 comments:

Mike Golch said...

wow,you are a deep thinker for one and yes there have too many people passing away.The sad thing about this dease anf famine kill more that wars do.and what is being done about that well lip service is paid by the politicians,there are people that are humaine enough to help,the Bill Gates of the world but there are far more of the ultra rich that could be doing something more to help like the Gates are doing.

Endymion said...

Very true. Fortunately, we don't have to be ultra-rich to help. Thanks for the comment. Thanks also for your service in Vietnam.