Monday, April 28, 2008

magnolia tree

It was 68 degrees at 6:16 this morning. Yes, I love spring. Springing through the universe clueless and fast isn't the best way to pass through time. It's the only way that works for me, though. There's so much beauty in youthful mistakes that it takes all the luster off aging gracefully. Yeah, we're all going to age. Super bummer, there. Several years ago, a co-worker, perplexed by my singleness, asked me who was going to take care of me when I got old? My wise-apple response was:
"I'm not gonna get old." If I die young, then I didn't lie. Not everyone gets old, but why in the world would I think in terms of someone taking care of me if I did get old? Wouldn't that be self-centered? Maybe it would just be prudent. Of course, having fun is self-centered. Heck, you've gotta do something with time. Putting the words and rhymes down for the ages to ponder would be worthwhile, but if I'm not understood now, I wont be understood then. So set the ac to your preference, grip that remote and kick back. It's another beautiful day in the neighborhood and there's a bike to be ridden in the backyard beneath the magnolia tree.

We swept the three game series. The tournament starts on the the 8th of next month. Hope to have some photos up later.

2 comments:

Mike Golch said...

I don't know about you,my body may get old,and has.but in my heart I'm still young and feel invincible.especially when I'm haveing a good day.

Endymion said...

That's beautiful, Mike. Great comment.