Sunday, April 13, 2008

scary

My gym is opened from nine to eleven in the morning on Saturday's. It's a narrow window. My workout was light because of a memorial service that I attended at eleven. It was the best memorial service that I've ever attended. She was my aunt's late husband's mother. She served during WWII in Africa, Italy, and eventually northern Europe. A young girl sang the national anthem a cappella, beautifully. The one whom we remembered bled right, white and blue, never blinked about it and was as tough as nails. Our nation is less without her. 89.

It was rainy yesterday and I didn't ride my bike. I did this morning though. Bring on the doughnuts.

I haven't seen Arizona State play softball this year. TV is the only way that I can watch them being on the other end of the nation. I was surprised that they didn't do better last year in the NCAA tournament. They looked solid. This seems to be their year. They're 44-2. On Friday, they defeated #4 UCLA, 3-0. Last year they had Katie Burkhart and Kaitlin Cochran. This year Burkhart has won 24 games, which leads the PAC-10. Cochran is tenth in the nation in batting average at .456. Krista Donnenwirth seems to be amazing. She's just a freshman and she's leading the PAC-10 in rbis. This is a scary good softball team.

2 comments:

Mike Golch said...

condolences on the loss,and yes we as a nation owe a lot to those that served in the Second World War. My BH's father was in Africa and Italy in some of the bloodiest battles.

Endymion said...

Thanks very much, Mike.