Tuesday, April 22, 2008

vedge

Not proud of it, but ... I have a Mountain Dew addiction. I've probably already ruined my body beyond repair, but today: zero Mountain Dew consumption. Even though it's probably similar to trading crack for heroin, Lipton's Green Tea is the replacement at the moment. Whew, I loved Mountain Dew. You'd drink that stuff and it'd stick with ya. This Lipton Green Tea isn't bad. They say it's got ao's (antioxidants). I'm just gonna pump my plump self full of ao's. Gonna ao myself to chaos and back.
Apollo, brilliant and gifted, started us on a new "work out" yesterday. It's going to be interesting to see what happens at the end of this six-week cycle. I didn't work out from October to the end of December. If there are two months in the year when you really need to work out, it's November and December. You get all sugared-up in October, right? Then there are three birthdays in early November with big, heavy cakes to eat. Waste not, want not, that's my creed. Then it's like five solid weeks of eating, eating, eating from Thanksgiving to New Year's. Needless to say, I got to a fat 190. I felt so sluggish. Each day was a chore just to move. Dragging myself to the gym was an epic battle. After three and a half months, I had whittled off seven pounds. Last week, I weighed in at 183. Yesterday, I weighed 185. Today, I weighed 184. They say cutting out carbonated drinks, or maybe sodas, will yield weight loss. I'm not trying to lose weight. My goal is to be able to lift small Peruvian villages during warm months. If weight is lost in the process, so be it. Never say diet is my other creed. If it says diet somewhere on the package, I wont touch it. Despite all my limitations, I've got my pride. Whether I work out or not, I'm going to die. It's not about being gung-ho. It's not about being popular with frisky lingerie models. Zeus knows they'll drive you off the cliff to oblivion in a nanosecond. It's not about living longer. It's just about breathing better today than yesterday. Which is pretty much the difference between living and dying. Of course, I really don't know what I'm talking about. An example to prove my point follows in the next paragraph.
My refrigerator is full of Bolthouse Farms drinks. Green Goodness, Mocha Cappuccino, Strawberry Banana, Vedge, and Carrot. They didn't have more Vanilla Chai. I think Vanilla Chai is my favorite. Of course, there's not much that I wont eat or drink. You know what they don't have? That's right. Watermelon Wonderful. What's up with that? Everybody knows the nirvanaian deliciousness of watermelons. I love the Vedge, too. Yum. Also in my refrigerator is Stonyfield Farms yogurt. Whew, that stuff is good.

4 comments:

Mike Golch said...

adicted to Mountain Dew,well there are far worse things to be adicted to.and that's all I have to say.

Endymion said...

Very true, Mike.

abbagirl said...

you're too brave. i drink mountain dew like water, too -- but no desire to give it up!!

it's just so good. and i need it for that extra kick when the afternoon monotony hits. :)

Endymion said...

Thanks, abbagirl. Had a lot of false starts. I'm really enjoying the green tea. I wont ever say anything bad about MD. It's a definite kick.